Wednesday, February 17, 2010

6 Months and Counting

It's been about a month since my last post, so I figured it was time to write again....! Actually I would have loved to share more happenings in our household the last month, but life just sort of took off. I figure that's how it'll be for the next several months, so I'm going to take a few minutes while I can and update you on what we've been up to....

Since the middle of January....

  • Bryan went on a work trip up to Purdue (his alma mater) to interview potential engineers for Samsung's summer internship program. I found it rather amusing that he, as the engineer was interviewing, whereas I am the recruiter by profession. He came back with some funny interview stories which I'm going to add some day to my repertoire of 'What not to do when Interviewing.' I've acquired quite a list over the years.

  • Speaking of work, I've been working crazy hours and beating myself to the ground. My week days consist of working long days and sleeping. If anyone thought the economy was in peril and companies weren't hiring, they haven't been working at Chase. We're definitely doing our job to keep the economy on track.

  • A few weeks ago I went on a refreshing weekend retreat with a group of ladies from church. The weekend was filled with fellowship, fun activities - campfire with smores, yoga, shopping - and devotion time. I enjoyed getting to know friends better and met some new friends. A highlight of the weekend was an invitation by our worship leader at our Sunday 'service' to anyone pregnant (2 of us) to come to the center and be surrounded by women who prayed for us and our unborn babies. It was very powerful and moving.

  • Last Thursday DFW experienced an exciting winter 'event,' as the meteorologists call it. We got over a foot of snow dumped on us - the most snow I've ever seen since living here. It was beautiful, and both Bryan and I enjoyed working from home for a couple of days. Ah the joys of owning a work laptop and working far from home.

  • In baby news - since we learned the gender of baby Rabeler last month, we've been in full gear making preparations for her arrival. I decided to take on a big project and make all of the baby bedding - sheet, skirt, bumper, window valence, and hopefully quilt (with some help since I've never quilted in my life). It's been a fun project and very rewarding. So far, I've completed the fitted sheet and skirt and am currently working on the bumper. It's such a joy to make all of this for someone very special.

  • And as of Sunday, the baby's room is painted! Bryan took on this project while I 'tried' to stay away from the paint fumes. It was a wonderful Valentines Day surprise. As most of you know, my absolute favorite color is blue; so we painted the walls a pretty robin's egg blue which coordinates beautifully with the pink accents in the bedding.

  • This week we had our 6 month check-up and our little girl is doing well! Praise the Lord! I love getting a peek into her world for a brief few minutes and seeing how much she's grown. She was quite active and let us get a shot of her sucking her thumb. I continue to feel her more and more each day; sometimes it makes me laugh when I'm really focused at work and she starts bumping around. Thank you for reminding me that you're still there, little one!

So in short, this has been our past month. I'm going to make every attempt to write more regularly, especially as these next months are sure to be filled with many changes and updates. I don't know about you....but we're getting excited!!

Baby Rabeler sucking her thumb


Daddy painting the baby's room

Tree sparkling with snow


View from our front porch
2 sides of the crib skirt
I made pleats! First time ever!

3 comments:

Donal & Moni said...

i love the fabrics and i love the color of the room!!! its going to look soooo good and i can't wait to see it all put together WITH baby rabeler included in it!! i'm so excited for you!!

Catherine said...

I agree Moni...the paint looks great! Can't wait to see it in person. And of course I adore the baby bedding...she's going to look adorable in her crib!

Anonymous said...

The bedding is beautiful. I love that you incorporated blue and I love the color you chose for the walls. I can't wait to see the finished room!