Monday, March 1, 2010

Never Ending Winter

This has been a long winter. I thought perhaps I was more sensitive and annoyed with the cold weather this year due to being pregnant, but after talking with others, it seems to be the consensus. Don't get me wrong, I love snow and fires in the fireplace; but this year has gotten a little out of hand. Typically we have maybe an inch or two of snow all winter, but this year we have been on track to break a record (I think we're at 17 inches)...along with unrelenting temperatures. I was kind of hoping that we'd break it just to say we did and move on to the spring.

Part of my irritation stems from my longing desire to go outside on walks. When my gym membership expired several months ago, I was determined to keep up walking outside....until this winter hit. In light of trying to stay healthy and not catching a cold, I have spent most of my time inside (working, sewing, watching the Olympics, etc) - which I've enjoyed, but am getting really stir-crazy at this point. We've had a few weekends such as this past one which have provided short-term relief from the cold temps.....but here we are, back today in cold, rainy, 'bone-chilling' weather.

I'm so glad I live in Texas as I can't imagine a longer, colder winter than this one (I don't know how you northerners do it!). But I think we've had our share, and now it's time to thaw out and feel the warmth of spring. Besides, I'm getting tired of my small selection of winter maternity clothes!

So let's all think happy, warm thoughts! Bring on the spring!

4 comments:

Donal & Moni said...

I agree... tired of the cold temps and looking forward to spring. then when in spring, we will all wish that would last longer than it will because we will all get tired of the typical HOT texas summmers!

Mary said...

I am all about Spring coming...and soon! I need a wardrobe change!

Christina said...

I agree! And just when we thought March would bring spring...we got snow! Yes, it is snowing today here, we dismissed from school early, and came home to find our power was out and stayed so for several hours. I am going to post pictures on my blog later. I LOVE spring and want this cold weather to end, too!

Catherine said...

April showers bring May flowers...and little Miss Rabeler!!! Yippee!!! :)