Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Life

On the extreme opposite end of my last post, for this post I wanted to touch on something that has been on my mind the last....well, 7 months: the miracle of life.

These thoughts might seem obvious and ordinary, but for me they have taken on new and special meaning as I've spent much more time contemplating new life than I ever have before. Many days over these last months I find myself thinking about the creation of life, and I'm just in awe. How each body part knows exactly where to go, how each system is created in a special order, how incredibly complex the body is and yet is carefully crafted and beautifully created...all of it just amazes me and is truly a miracle!

As I read and learn more about how this new life is being carefully created inside me, I can't help but wonder how some people don't believe in the Creator. With all of the purpose and order that goes creating a human being, I can't imagine not praising the master artist for this beautiful work He's made! It is simply amazing the miracle that occurs, starting from the smallest speck to a living, breathing, beautiful child. I feel so fortunate that He's allowed me to carry this new life that He's forming and be a special part of her life.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Donal & Moni said...

you're so right, hil - well said! He is amazing and the miracle of life is such a special gift from him!!

Catherine said...

It is simply a miracle!