Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's gettin' closer...!

It's been a whirlwind of a few weeks. From baby showers to finishing touches on the nursery, to wrapping up work, to weekly doctor appointments and weekly childbirth classes at the hospital; it's definitely a busy time. The anticipation is growing for the arrival of our baby girl.....and I'm so excited but also more exhausted than ever. Fortunately there's relief in sight; here's a few updates:
  • We had a sonogram this week, and baby Rabeler looks great. We even got to see some hair on her head! She's growing well - is about 6lbs 14 oz at this point. The Dr. thinks she'll be here in the next 2 weeks.....so it's looking more like we'll be having a May baby....time will tell!
  • Friday, 5/14, is my last day of work before I go out on leave. Ahh, that's music to my ears; I can already hear my swollen feet singing praises. I haven't had a vacation since Christmas and am really looking forward to resting up before the big day.
  • Thanks to some great women, the baby shower on the 2nd was just lovely; I've included photos below. We played several games, enjoyed great food (cheesecake!), laughed, cried, & shared in the excitement of baby Rabeler's upcoming arrival. Such great memories!
  • Bryan and I have finished our 5th of 6 weekly 'Prepared Childbirth' classes at Baylor Grapevine hospital. I remember when we signed up, and the classes seemed so far off; now here we are with 1 more to go. Crazy. I'm hoping we'll make it to the final class next week before she makes her debut.

It's hard to believe that I'm already at 37 weeks...but so thankful that I am. Thank you for all of the continued prayers and encouragement. We will continue to keep you posted in the coming weeks!






















3 comments:

Mary said...

I love how you hold your belly in all the pictuers...such a mothers instinct! =0)

The Chenowiths said...

Yay shower! Looks like everyone had a good time & glad to hear the gifts made it in time too :) We can't wait for her arrival be it May or June. Cute dress!!

Donal & Moni said...

Yippeeeeeee!!!!! Love you!! And I am sooooooooo excited!!