Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dear Aunt Amy,

Thank you for the beautiful cross stitch you made of the little girl praying. Grandma Pat gave it to me at my baby shower, and I was taken aback; I had never seen it before and was so humbled that she gave this beautiful piece of your work to me. What I find amazing is that the colors you used, are the colors of baby Rabeler's nursery - pink and blue! How did you know that it would match?!? We have it hung in the nursery, and it's just perfect. It's so special to have a piece of you in her room; I look forward to telling our daughter all about her Great Aunt Amy that made it.
I've missed you a bunch over these last 9 months as we've prepared and anticipated our baby's arrival. I know you would have relished in all the joy and excitment! The whole family is eager to welcome this little miracle to the world (Grandma Pat is hoping she arrives on her birthday on Sunday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen!). I pray that one day you'll get to meet her; until then, we'll tell her all about you so that she knows the dear person who made the cross stitch on her wall. Thank you again, and love you lots.
Love,
Hilary

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm in tears. Simply beautiful!

Moni said...

i am too!!!! this is so sweet hilary :)

Mary said...

She is waiting, watching for the miracle. And she is full of joy for you!