Friday, October 22, 2010

Play Ball!

This year the Texas Rangers have gone further than ever before in the playoffs, and it's so exciting. Bryan and I have really enjoyed watching them this year, particulary on Friday nights when we're ready to relax after a long week. With the responsibilities of caring for a newborn, I wasn't able to make it out to the ballpark this summer; however Bryan and I went to their first home American League Championship Series playoff game last Friday night against the Yankees. And was it a treat.

A few of the highlights included:
* Watching Yankees batting practice on the lower level
* Seeing co-owner Chuck Greenberg up close and personal
* Watching 4 F-16's fly overhead after the national anthem was sung & flag unfurled in the shape of the US
* Seeing Nolan Ryan throw out the first pitch
* My favorite - seeing President George W. Bush sitting in the front row!! I've never seen a President before 'in real life', and it was pretty thrilling. At one point I saw him through the binoculurs sharing peanuts with Nolan Ryan...just two guys at the ballpark enjoying the game!







Front row seats (zoomed WAY in from our seats!):
George W. Bush, Nolan Ryan, Nolan's wife, Chuck Greenberg

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That US flag is really neat! Never seen anything like it! What an awesome experience you can share with Emily when she gets older. You were part of history!!

Mary said...

Whoohooo!!! That is SOOO awesome that you got to go! I had a GREAT time this season cheering on this team too...they seem to have so much FUN with each other at every game...and it is contagious!