Monday, December 13, 2010

Surprises

Emily surprises me daily. I love to see her eat a new food and ask for more (not cringing her face in disgust!), or discover that her second tooth is coming up, or watch her stare at Christmas lights in amazement. The little gears in her head are constantly moving, and it's so much fun to watch....that is, until it makes mommy's heart skip a beat.

Her latest achievement is pulling herself up furniture and standing (or knocking things over). Ugh, isn't it too soon for this?!? Just recently she decided to surprise mommy and greet her after a nap by standing up and looking over her crib. She now attempts it daily, usually beaming with pride from her success..."Look at me mommy! I can pull myself up and stand - isn't it great?!" Oh dear...just when I thought I could handle her newfound mobility. She also does the same in her pack-and-play and other furniture that I thought was out of her reach. Au contraire.

So - here's to baby-proofing the Rabeler residence and lowering cribs so that mommy doesn't have to worry and be met with more (scary) surprises!


Greeting mommy after naptime


I turned around from cooking in the kitchen to see this...

Trying it out one-handed...


Evaluating the Christmas tree and stand she pulled down

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like she is done with the bassinet part of the pac'n play too! Precious!

Catherine said...

There she goesssss......!!!!!!