Friday, February 25, 2011

Sewing Solution

Phew, it's been a busy month! Between being sick (and taking care of a sick family), buying a new car(!!), home projects, and sewing, I've managed to stay pretty busy! I don't know how time seems to whiz on by, and then I realize, 'geez, I haven't posted anything in awhile!' (or my friend, Sarah, reminds me!).

So here's what I've been up to on the sewing front: my latest project was making a shopping cart seat cover for Emily. It took a little longer than I planned...but that was due to using prequilted material and breaking more needles than I'd like to admit. However, after visiting my friends at Joann's and getting some heavy duty needles (and my machine fixed), I finally finished my creation. I've used it several times, and oh, what a difference it makes! No more using the big car seat in the cart, or even trying to hold her while shopping. Now Emily can sit upright and see what I'm doing...so it's a win/win for both of us! I absolutely love this solution, and now it stays in my car for all shopping trips!



1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow, looks great Hil! Ive been wondering where your posts have been too :)