Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First Easter

Here's a little tale about my very first Easter. It was such a great day, and I got to do all sorts of new things. Here, let me tell you more....

The day started out going to church, where everyone said alot of 'Alleluias'! Auntie Cath played her trumpet, Grandpa Paul played his trombone, & Grandma Holly and mommy played the handbells; I loved all of the joyful music! Daddy was in charge of me all morning since mommy had to play in all three services. It was fun hanging out with daddy, and I was really good for him. I got to play with my very first Easter basket that mommy put my name on! Here are some pictures of how much fun I had:

Loving my first Easter!


I saw the grass in my basket and thought it looked tasty.


Next, I decided to chew on the shoes that mommy wanted me to wear, but I didn't let her put them on...they're better to chew on anyway.


Ooh, the eggs looked fun too.


I think I'll just take everything out!


Don't mess with me; I'm cleaning out my Easter basket.


Ok, all done. I love Easter!


Later, after I took a nap, we went to Grandma & Grandma's house, and I got another Easter basket! It was great fun. I got to eat all the food at the dinner table - ham (for my 1st time!), potatoes, fruit....and then we played in the backyard. Grandpa Paul took me in the red wagon and ran really fast; I giggled alot and had so much fun.



I loved celebrating this special day with such a wonderful family!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I actually laughed out loud! What a character! What a memorable first Easter we had with sweet little EJ :)

Sarah said...

OH! Girls are so cute!! Especially your little Emily. These are adorable pictures Hil. Can't wait to see her in person.