Friday, February 3, 2012

Not a Teenager Anymore!




As my friend says - with both of our kids turning from 19 to 20 months this week - "they're not teenagers anymore!" Eeek! They grow up so fast!

Emily is 20 months old today and is as sweet as can be. She has recently developed an interest in doing anything that mommy & daddy do - especially wearing our shoes, talking on the phone, and "making dinner." It's so much fun watching her learn these skills, and I feel so blessed to be able to witness these precious moments throughout the day.

20 months has also opened up the world of bows! Emily finally has enough of her baby fine hair to pull back with a bow, and she loves it. As soon as I put a bow in, she promptly goes over to her mirror to study her new accessory and then grins from ear to ear. She's such a girl.

Speaking of ears, this month brought Emily's 2nd ear infection - 1st double ear infection. This has definitely not been a fun experience for either of us, and I'm hoping we'll get through the remainder of the cold season unscathed.

Life with a 20 month old is certainly not dull, as it's filled with lots of learning. It continues to be a joy to observe the daily wonderment and facination that life yields at this age. We are blessed with our sweet girl!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Cutest little girl I know! :)

Christina said...

She's so cute! I hope to get to meet her soon. :) Ear infections--not fun. We've had our bout of those, too. I hope she gets better!