We also visited the state capital (I had been when I was really young but didn't remember it at all). We navigated ourselves on the self-walking tour around the entire capital (it was quite warm and lots of walking, but I made it!), visited 4 floors inside the capital, and stood on both the House of Representatives and Senate floors. It was pretty thrilling to be there, but 2 details made me especially proud to be a Texan:
- At the front of both chambers - over where the Speaker sits - "In God we Trust" was written. Very cool to have this at the focal point of our state's government sessions.
- The Texas state capitol is the highest in the country - even taller than the US capital! Go figure - everything's bigger in Texas!
Tallest Capital in the US
"In God We Trust"
Outside the Capital Gates
Lady Bird Johnson Flower Garden
2 comments:
What a great "last" trip! Before Charlie was born we went to Sa Antonio and did some similar things! It felt nice to get out and enjoy traveling before the little person arrived!
We made the same trip in January. I'd never been before and we had a great time. The weather was much nicer for you guys! I love the pic of you in front of the flowers as well.
Post a Comment