Monday, June 28, 2010

Jesus' Little Lamb

Last Sunday, June 20th, (Father's Day), our little Emily was baptized! It was such a special day as we witnessed the Lord working through the waters of baptism and calling Emily Jayne His own! As one woman after church came up to me and said so well - 'Emily is now one of Jesus' Little Lambs!'

Not only did the fact that it was Father's Day make this day so special, but Emily also wore the same baptismal gown that I wore when I was baptized on September 28, 1980! It was so meaningful to share this with her. My grandmother had given it to me when I was born, and after some touch ups (thanks to my mom), she wore the same gown on June 20, 2010.

Here are some photos of her big day....



2 comments:

Christina said...

What a wonderful event. I love that she wore your baptismal gown!

Catherine said...

And, not only did you wear it...I wore it for mine, May 1, 1983!!!! Great pics! :)