Sunday, October 3, 2010

To: Emily with love

I'm back! After taking a break from blogging, I'm back to catch up on our recent happenings....

Today marks 4 months since Emily was born, and it has been a crazy/fun/memorable 4 months. I've enjoyed several sewing projects during this time, and one that I finished a few months ago is Emily's quilt - the last piece that completes her handmade room ensemble! I embroidered her name and birthdate on it, and it's hung on the wall as you enter her room. It's the first quilt I've ever made, and I was pretty proud of myself. My hope is that she will cherish it for years to come.

2 comments:

Mary said...

It looks great, Hil! I can't believe you found the time to take up a new hobby with a newborn! Bravo!

Catherine said...

She sure is going to cherish all the love that went into this. Looks even better in her room :)