Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cooking for baby

I'm having alot of fun making and preparing Emily's baby food. I purchase the fruits and vegetables at our local Sprouts Farmers Market, cook/steam them, use my trusty food processor to whip them up, and freeze them in ice cube trays for later consumption. I love the fact that it's all fresh, and I know exactly what she's eating.

Here's a sampling of the foods she's tasted so far: peas, carrots, sweet potato, apples, pears, yellow squash, zucchini, avocado, & broccoli. I wish I could say she likes them all; however she's not too fond of the avocado or broccoli. Still, we persist in trying new things so that (my hope is!) she'll come to enjoy a varied palette of foods. Bon appetit!


2 comments:

Denise Lauren said...

yes, keep trying! our pediatrician said some kids have to be introduced TWENTY times to a new food before they will eat/like it!

Catherine said...

Looks pretty yummy to me! Great job sis!!