I'm looking forward to telling Emily 'the tale of our tree' some day when she can understand what each ornament represents. And I hope to continue our tradition of gathering ornaments throughout the years to keep our story alive. There's certainly plenty of branches waiting to hang a special memory.
Here are a few of my favorites...
This one is my all-time favorite. My Aunt Amy started a tradition with my sister and I of giving us an ornament each year for Christmas.
She continued this gift until she got sick, and I cherish each one. This is the first one she gave for my first Christmas.
It always goes in the front and center of the tree.
This is my favorite ornament of Bryan's because it encapsulates his love for tools (specifically Craftsman tools, thanks to my dad).
I made/embroidered this ornament last year and love the colors.
This ornament goes back to my college days in the handbell choir.
During this particular year we toured from Indiana to Orlando, FL and played at Disney World. So much fun.
If you know me, no explanation for this ornament is needed. My favorite place on earth.
This one is from Mackinac Island, MI, where Bryan and I spent our first anniversary.
My sister gave this 'Mom-to-be angel' to me last Christmas when I was pregnant. I remember the anticipation and joy that filled our Christmas.
I brought this hand-painted egg home from the Czech Republic when I studied abroad (love the blue!).
I smiled this year at these two ornaments. I see Emily in me in the first one....and just thought my second grade picture was cute.
All decked out in my school uniform.
1 comment:
What a special gift AA gave us! I cherish these ornaments so much, but I also look forward to passing the tradition down to my niece (and you)! What a wonderful walk down memory lane on your Christmas tree :)
Post a Comment