Now, you may be asking, why am I getting recertified when I'm not currently working in the professional world? The answer is simple - I loved my professional career and want to stay updated in the world of Human Resources so that I'm prepared for whenever I return. A secondary reason is that, although I enjoyed recruiting, I would like to eventually transition into more of a generalist role and get more exposure on the technical & back-end side of the business. Not to mention the fact that I'll be more marketable when I do return to HR!
Although I love (LOVE!!) staying home with my daughter and wouldn't trade it for the world right now, I do look forward to some day getting back into the daily routine/challenges/rewards of professional life in the business world - the meetings, phone calls, projects, sense of urgency, team huddles, interviews, deadlines, consulting with managers, breaks(!), juggling multiple tasks, recognition - it's such a rush, and I love the sense of accomplishment!
But for now I am most happy with my current job title and being the best mommy I can be! Daily I am learning how to hone my skills in this occuption that comes without a job description. And daily I am reminded that this professional-turned-stay-at-home mom has the most rewarding job ever!
4 comments:
Congrats on that accomplishment, Hilary! And I totally get where you're coming from wanting to keep updated and connected with your field of work...I also loved that last paragraph. Couldn't have said it better myself!
Congrats Hil! Your very hard work paid off. Looks like we need to celebrate! :)
congrats hil :) i know that was tough and you should be proud!! i still miss my best friend at work and welcome you back any day!
There are days I LOVE going to work because it feels like a break! :) I am glad I get to do a little work here and there, the adult interaction is nice.
Post a Comment