Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Kitchen is Finis!

This has been our latest home improvement project, and after it's completion, Bryan and I vowed never to hang wallpaper. We never have and never will.

The only room in our house that had wallpaper was our kitchen (thank goodness). It wasn't terrible, but it had to go, and we've spent enough years looking at it. So over the course of the last month or so we've undertaken this large project which involved: stripping the wallpaper (the builders glued to the drywall - talk about a pain and time consuming!), texturing the walls, priming, and finally painting. I can't take credit for any of it as Bryan worked endless hours over many weekends (while I kept the baby out of the work zone). I'm so thankful it's done, and now I have a warm, inviting, and functional kitchen again!

This past weekend, Bryan also painted the ceilings of our kitchen and family room (so they weren't so stark white against the warm walls). I'm thrilled with the outcome and love how these living spaces have been transformed - voila! -with just paint!

BEFORE


MIDDLE (bare walls)


WORKING...


AFTER!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

He sure has been working hard! Can't wait to see it in person!

Mary said...

I am with you in my hatred for wallpaper. All you have to do is try to take it down...once,and the hatred starts. But I found out I REALLY hate it after pulling off glued MAPS to the wall at our current house. Geesh!