Monday, September 26, 2011

Sew Happy

It's no secret, I love to sew. Yes, I've only been sewing for two years, but it has become my fast friend. Sewing is one of my creative outlets, and it makes me incredibly happy to be in my 'sewing world.' This is the world where nothing else matters - dishes, laundry, cleaning - but me and my sewing machine. To start a new project and make a meaningful item out of cut fabric is a de-stressor and very rewarding.

Lately I've had the pleasure of working on personalized baby gifts as well as home decorating projects. Here is a sampling of each below.

Now I'm off to rev up my machine and get my fingers busy....so long, 'real world'!


{KID/BABY EMBROIDERY]

Embroidery on Pottery Barn Kids beach towel


Julianna baby blanket - flannel with satin backing


Addison burp cloth


Lily Anna burp cloths


Elijah & Malcolm burp cloths


{SEWING FOR THE HOME}

Kitchen window valance


Texas Rangers fleece blanket made for Bryan's birthday


Cotton blanket with satin trim for Emily (saw this fabric & couldn't resist!)


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it all Hil! I wish I had that talent. So glad I'm having another baby. : )

Rachel said...

Such a great job, Hilary!

Catherine said...

Thanks for hogging all the creative juices! Oh well, I reap the benefits, so its ok. Have I mentioned that I need more hand towels for my kitchen...? :)