Monday, September 24, 2012

Like Daddy, Like Daughter

We are into trains big-time in this house. The little girl can't get enough. I think the drive to church along Highway 377, adjacent to the train track, has gotten her hooked; nearly every time we drive that route, there's inevitably a choo choo heading down the track (thank you Burlington Northern Santa Fe trains!). Even more exciting is when the train is crossing over the bridge; that always generates much excitement in the car.

With all of this train talk, Bryan decided to bring out his wooden train set from his childhood to show Emily. He has more than Emily could ever imagine to play with; however we started with just a single loop and some cars/engines. You would have thought it was Christmas with all of the laughter and joy exuding from our family room. There was some serious playing going on!

It was so sweet to watch the two of them playing together with something special from Bryan's childhood...which Emily can now enjoy! He spent countless hours playing with these trains, and now he can pass that love on to her. Each night Emily says "night night" to daddy's trains and runs to play with them first thing in the morning. Such a dear connect this daddy and daughter share.

I just love these precious moments in life.


















Bryan also brought out the letter blocks he played with as a child, and Emily of course found the letter "E" - her favorite letter of all!

1 comment:

The Chenowiths said...

Aw - I remember that train set too! :) Although it looks like Emily is playing with it more than I ever did, Bryan never let me play with his toys (especially the legos), he was certain I would break them :)