Friday, November 2, 2012

Thoughts on a Friday

One thing I love about having a blog is getting to write whatever I want. I've been too barraged with photos lately to post, so I'm simply going to share some thoughts with you today....with one of my favorite recent photos:



Now I'm no politician - nor would I ever want to be - but this presidential election has sure fired me up. Maybe it's having a daughter this time around that causes me to pause and learn what's really going on between both parties in light of her future. Or it could be having a husband who is incredibly clued into the news talk of the day....which as a side benefit allows us to have fairly intelligent political conversations.

But either way, I am worried and honestly scared about the future of our country under the leadership of our current President. Debate issues aside, the way that Christian faith expression has become increasingly obsolete in our leadership and the uprise and instability of Muslims which is supported by our government causes me great concern. Trying to befriend countries that mean us harm, and mandating that faith-based organizations supply contraceptives against their own beliefs just make my blood boil - and must pain our Lord so much. I cringe to think that people want this current leadership in place for four more years.

So instead of worrying (too much), I pray. I pray that people will listen to their hearts and beliefs (instead of the news media) when going to the polls and vote for real leadership that re-establishes the core values of our country. Not leadership that takes these values for granted - or worse - suppresses them. I want to be positive and hope for a bright future for the next generation. But I'm also realistic and realize that the current situation is sending us toward the post-Christian state that Europe embodies.

We are so blessed to live in a free country where we can exercise our right to vote, and I hope that every person takes advantage of this privilege during this election. And no matter what the outcome, may our constitutional and faith-based values be fiercely upheld and uncompromised so that future generations (and countries around the world) know that the United States of America means business when we stand for these moral values.

God Bless America! Go Vote! Happy Friday!

No comments: